2004 Memorandums
IM-124      11/23/04
When an individual is approved for Temporary Assistance benefits, s/he must turn over all child support income paid to the children for whom the recipient receives Temporary Assistance. The child support income must be assigned to the Family Support Division (FSD) - Child Support Unit the month following the approval for Temporary Assistance.

To correctly determine the benefit amounts for the Temporary Assistance, Food Stamps, and Child Care Programs, staff must end the child support income. To end this income, take the following steps.

  • Enter child support income for the child(ren) for whom child support is paid in the controlled flow.
  • If the eligibility determinations indicate the Temporary Assistance application is going to be approved, determine which month the EU must first assign the child support income to the FSD Child Support Unit.
  • End the child support income on the Income (FMX0) screen, using the last day of the month prior to the month the child support income must be assigned to FSD Child Support Unit.
  • Complete an eligibility determination and authorize the actions.

EXAMPLE: Ms. A applied for Temporary Assistance, food stamps, and Child Care assistance on November 1, 2004. Her son receives $100 in child support monthly from his father. The child support income is entered in the controlled flow on the Income (FMX0) screen. The caseworker completes the controlled flow and determines Ms. A is eligible to receive Temporary Assistance. There is no outstanding verification on which to pend the case. The worker goes to the Income (FMX0) screen and ends the child support income effective November 30, 2004, as the child support must be assigned to the FSD Child Support Unit beginning in December 2004. The worker completes the application by typing EDRES on the command line, requesting an eligibility determination, and authorizing the actions.

  • Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.