DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
PO BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
- TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- SUBJECT: INCREASE IN AVERAGE PRIVATE PAY NURSING RATE FOR TRANSFER OF PROPERTY
The The average private pay nursing care rate will increase to $6122. Use $6122 to determine the number of months of ineligibility for vendor level services for applications taken on or after April 1, 2018.
The manual has also been updated to further clarify the penalty period starts in the month the transfer occurred or the month the participant was determined eligible, except for the transfer, whichever is later. This penalty begin date is entered by the Eligibility Specialist on the Adult MA Penalty (PENALTY/FMWT) screen in FAMIS.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Use $6122 as the average private pay rate effective for applications on or after April 1, 2018.