DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
PO BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
- TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- SUBJECT: DECEMBER 1973 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MANUAL REVISIONS FOR MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND, AND DISABLED (MHABD) PROGRAMS
This memorandum introduces revisions to the December 1973 Eligibility Requirements Manual.
The Cash and Securities section 1025.010.00 Definition has been revised to provide greater policy detail related to determining eligibility for MO HealthNet Programs for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) when the applicant/participant and/or their spouse is a party to a Promise to Pay contract, Promissory Note, or Property Agreement.
- Changes have been made to 1040.000.00 Transfers of Property sections:
- Section 1040.015.10.05 is now titled Consideration of Certain Contracts. This section lists definitions and steps to follow when reviewing MO HealthNet cases for applicants/participants who are a party to certain contracts such as Promise to Pay, Promissory Notes, or Property Agreements.
- 1040.015.10.05 Promise to Pay has been moved to 1040.015.10.05.00 and revised to provide further clarification.
- Section 1040.015.10.05.05 Promissory Notes has been added.
- Section 1040.015.10.05.10 Property Agreements has been added.
- Section 1040.020.30 Determining Fair and Valuable Consideration has been revised to provide instructions for staff to submit contracts to Program and Policy if unable to determine eligibility after following the outlined steps.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.