Effective Date: 5-1-19
For consistency throughout the state, FACES contact entry must, at a minimum, follow the guidelines and format described in this section. Exceptions to these methods require supervisory approval and will be limited to rare situations.
Case Contacts – contacts made during the course of service provision are entered into FACES as soon as possible, but no later than seven (7) days after the contact occurs.
Describe information obtained during the contact when it is pertinent to the treatment process or changes occur in the family system. Include the family’s reaction and response to contact if applicable.
Contacts include, but are not limited to:
- Case consultations with a supervisor
- Consultation with any external consultants
- Family Support Team meetings
- Court hearings (type of hearing, those present, and the outcome or order of the court)
- Mail sent and received if it is pertinent (see Chapter 2.5 of this section for information on the Division’s email policy)
- Home visits (With the child, parent, foster parent, relative, etc.)
- Telephone calls (if pertinent)
- Quarterly Summaries