Effective Date: 5-1-19
This subsection discusses procedures for transferring the cases of children who are in the custody of the Division. Below are procedures for different scenarios.
4.2.1 Child in Out-of-Home Care is Placed Within State
When a child in out-of-home care is placed in another Missouri county, the child’s Children’s Service Worker in the sending county shall:
- Reach an agreement with the placement county regarding placement of the child;
- Confirm placement by telephone, in writing, or by e-mail and send form CD-175 via email to the placing county;
- Be responsible for all case management activities and authorizations.
- Be responsible for payment of all mileage, clothing, reimbursements and payments.
- See later in this chapter if the court jurisdiction of the child is changing.
4.2.2 Child in Out-Of-Home Care is placed Out of State
When a child in out-of-home care is placed outside of Missouri, the Children’s Service Worker in the sending county shall:
- Refer to ICPC placement procedures in Section 4 of this manual.
- Continue to provide case management services to the child and family.