18.1.3 Qualifications of Home to Be Approved to Provide Medical Foster Care Services
To be awarded the Amendment to Provide Medical Foster Care, the medical resource parent must have the following currently signed and entered:
- Cooperative Agreement for the Purchase of Professional Parenting Services, CM-14, or
Medical Resource Home Providers agree to the following:
- To provide care to foster youth with acute medical problems or severe physical/mental disabilities who have been determined eligible for medical foster care by the Division;
- To only maintain a total of 4 placements in the home;
- To maintain only 2 foster youth in the home simultaneously with acute medical problems or severe physical/mental disabilities who have been determined eligible for medical foster care by the Division.
- To participate in the screening process of the foster youth to be placed in the home by discussing the referral information and holding pre-placement visits;
- To schedule a comprehensive medical assessment for the foster youth to take place within thirty (30) days of the foster youth being placed in the home;
- To work closely with, and accept special training from, the health care professionals attending the foster youth in placement;
- To provide day-to-day implementation and monitoring of the medical or developmental treatment plan and services as agreed upon with other treatment staff;
- To participate in any training requested by the Division;
- To assist in training/education of the natural parent(s) on how to care for the specified foster youth, depending upon the involvement of the natural parent;
- To assist the child to understand and manage his/her condition; and
- To provide transportation for foster youth in medical foster care to and from necessary appointments, treatment facilities, medical care, daily activities, etc.
The Division agrees to reimburse the licensed resource provider with a current Cooperative Agreement for the Purchase of Medical Foster Care Services Amendment maintenance for foster youth approved for medical foster care at the current rate as specified in policy. The amount of maintenance reimbursement shall be pro-rated if a child is in care for less than a calendar month. Special expenses, if any, shall be paid in accordance with Division policy.
The Division will provide the resource provider with any medical documentation in the current case file.
Chapter Memoranda History: (prior to 01-31-07)