5.2 Foster Home Support:
- The resource development worker who supervises the home will maintain, at a minimum, quarterly personal contact with foster parent(s) to discuss generic issues relating to fostering (not related to specific children, which would be handled by child’s worker).
- Quarterly visits are conversational allowing for the sharing of concerns as well as accomplishments and development of a mutual relationship of trust. The visits are to be used as a prompt to have meaningful conversations about pertinent issues and assure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Maintain availability to foster parent as an advocate or for policy clarification should the need arise.
- Encourage networking between foster parents by sharing lists of foster parent names and addresses, and pairing up a newly licensed foster parent with an experienced foster parent.
- Provide information about and encourage the use of Respite Services.
- Record actions taken every three months as the quarterly home visit summary.
- Enter required data in FACES timely to ensure timely payments.