6.1 Support Groups:
- The Children’s Service Worker will inform the resource providers and applicants of local/statewide/national support groups by giving name and address of contact.
- Support, encourage, and participate in development and maintenance of support groups, by:
- Providing Foster Parents With Data, Information, And Guidelines On The Obligations, Responsibilities And Opportunities Of Foster Parenting;
- Informing Foster Parents Of Changes In Laws And Regulations Relevant To Foster Parenting, 210.537 RSMo.
- Allow leadership to evolve from within support group, rather than imposed externally.
- The teaching resource provider will develop support group if none exists, or supplement existing county activities.
- Evaluate efforts of development and maintenance.
- Record activities in county file.