IM-95 September 21, 2021; IM-97 November 9, 2015
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA or ACA), effective January 1, 2014, introduced the Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) methodology. MAGI is a methodology for determining MO HealthNet eligibility based on federal income tax filing rules for income and family size.
These income eligibility rules will apply to all participants eligible for the following MO HealthNet programs:
- MO HealthNet for Families (MHF)
- MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK)
- MO HealthNet for Newborns (NBN)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women (MPW)
- Extended Women’s Health Services (EWHS)
- Uninsured Women’s Health Services (UWHS)
- Adult Expansion Group (AEG)
NOTE: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA or ACA) does not change MO HealthNet eligibility rules for participants who are 65 years of age or older or those in eligibility categories based on disability.