Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: INTRODUCING NEW MO HEALTHNET ADULT EXPANSION GROUP (AEG) POLICY
MANUAL REVISION #
Introducing a new MO HealthNet (MHN) program, the Adult Expansion Group (AEG), for adults aged 19 to 64. On August 4th, 2020, Missouri voters passed a constitutional amendment to expand Medicaid to this population of individuals. The expanded program is effective July 1, 2021 and utilizes the Missouri Eligibility Determination and Enrollment System (MEDES).
The Family MO HealthNet (MAGI) Manual has been updated to add Chapter 1865.000.00 Adult Expansion Group, which contains the following new AEG policy sections:
- 1865.010.00 Legal Basis
- 1865.020.00 Eligibility Requirements
- 1865.030.00 Begin and End Dates for Coverage
- 1865.030.10 Prior Quarter
- 1865.040.00 Interim Changes for AEG
- 1865.040.010 Choice of Adult Expansion Group
- 1865.050.00 Healthcare Coverage
To be eligible for AEG, the participant must meet eligibility requirements. These requirements include but are not limited to:
- aged 19 to 64
- income at or below 133% of the Federal Poverty Level
- not pregnant
- not entitled to or enrolled in Medicare Part A or B
- not receiving SSI, and
- ineligible for all mandatory category programs
- Appendix K Identifying Mandatory and Non-mandatory Programs has been created as a tool to reference mandatory and non-mandatory programs.
In addition, Chapter 1805.000.00 Eligibility and Verification must be followed when determining eligibility.
Manual sections 1802.000.00 Applications, 1805.005.00 Resident of Missouri, 1805.030.00 MAGI Methodology, 1885.005.00 Age Out, 1850.040.20 Postpartum Benefit, 1855.030.15 Coverage for the Mother after Birth of the Child, and Appendix A have been updated to include the AEG program.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Use MAGI Appendix A with a revision date of 09/2021.