The United States Post Office provides information which is found on the sticker attached to the envelope of mail that is undeliverable. This information shows a forwarding Missouri address, a forwarding out of state address, or no forwarding address (unable to locate.)
- If there is a forwarding address:
- Missouri address – the address is updated in the system(s) and the document(s) are re-sent.
- Out of state address – the address is updated in the system(s) and the case is closed.
- Missouri residency is a condition of eligibility; MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women (MPW) and Newborn cases are not be treated differently when the individual moves out of state or is unable to locate.
NOTE: A Newborn (a child born to a women who was covered by a Title XIX MO HealthNet program at the child’s date of birth) that moves out of Missouri and then move back within his/her first year of life, must have Newborn coverage reopened. Income does not have to be reviewed. The Newborn is guaranteed coverage for the first year of life when he/she is a resident of Missouri.
- If there is no forwarding address:
- No action is taken.
- The case will close or expire if the annual renewal or recertification documents are not returned.
NOTE: When returned mailed is received, review sources available to the Family Support Division (FSD). Current address or telephone number information may be located in the eligibility system(s). Attempt phone contact with the household to confirm their residency and mailing address prior to making any changes.
Once the correct action has been determined:
- Information must be noted in the eligibility system:
- Type of mail that has been returned (example: IM-31A Request for Information, IM-1U Annual Review, or other form);
- Date the mail was sent to the participant;
- Date the mail was returned to FSD as undeliverable; and
- Forwarding address (if any)
- Document if the mail was re-sent to the corrected address or if an action was taken to close the case
- Undeliverable mail and its envelope should be scanned to the participant’s electronic case file in the Electronic Content Management (ECM) system