The identity of the person making application shall be verified. When an authorized representative applies on behalf of an EU, verify the identity of both the authorized representative and the head of EU. Verify identity using electronic resources and readily available documents. If hard copy documentary verification is unavailable, make a reference/collateral contact (CC or TC).
Acceptable hard copy documentary verification (HC) includes, but is not limited to the following:
- V code on Common Area screens, e.g.:
- Social Services Social Security Number Inquiry (SSSN)
- Social Services Client Name Inquiry (SNME)
- SY code on SSN Information (SSNUMBER/FMAS),
- driver’s license-either a copy of the license or Missouri Driver’s License System (MODL) interface,
- work or school ID,
- ID for health benefits,
- ID for other assistance or social service program,
- SVES-WIRE THIRD PARTY QUERY RESPONSE (IIVE)
- voter registration card,
- wage stubs, or
- Bendex, or
- birth certificate-either a copy or Department of Health – BIRTH NAME INQUIRY (IBTH) and BIRTH (in FAMIS) screens.
NOTE: Puerto Rican birth certificates issued prior to October 1, 2010 cannot be used to verify an EU member’s identity.
If you go to the waiting room and say the applicant’s name and s/he responds, this is not verification of identity.
Identity verification is recorded on the Application Detail (FM13) screen. Record a comment regarding when the verification was received and any other information on the Eligibility Unit Member Role (FM3Z) screen regarding how identity is verified.