Qualifying quarters include:
- quarters earned by the immigrant;
- quarters earned by a parent (natural, adoptive or step-parent) while the immigrant was under 18;
- quarters earned by the spouse of the immigrant during their marriage if they remain married or the spouse is deceased;
- quarters earned during overseas employment with a U.S. employer; and
- quarters worked by a lawful resident while the individual was illegally in the U.S.
Refer to Section 1105.098.00, Appendix B-GUIDE FOR 40 QUARTER IMMIGRANT ELIGIBILITY.