All resources are captured on the following screens in FAMIS:
- Liquid Resource (FMW0) screen;
- Prepaid Burial (FMW1) screen;
- Personal Property (FMW2) screen; andVehicle (FMW3) screen
- Real Property (FMW4) screen.
FAMIS knows which resources are included and which are excluded from the resource determination for each program.
The value of the following readily negotiable liquid resources are entered on the Liquid Resource (FMW0) screen in FAMIS and are included in the resource determination:
- cash on hand (type CA);
- checking account (type CK);
- savings account (type SV);
- U.S. Savings Bonds (type BO);
- stocks (type ST);
- time certificates and/or deposits (type CD);
- installment/sales contracts not producing income equal to fair market value (type IC); and
- notes receivable/deeds of trust not producing income equal to fair market value (type NR).
The value of prepaid burial plans is entered on the Prepaid Burial (FMW1) screen. The equity value in excess of $1500 is included in the resource determination if the plan is not irrevocable.
The value of the following non-liquid resources are entered on the Real Property (FMW4) screen in FAMIS and are included in the resource determination:
- buildings (type BL);
- land (type BL);
- lots/acreage (type LA);
- house/mobile home (type HS);
- life estates (type depends on the property held in the estate). For purposes of determining the value of a life estate, held on property located in Missouri or of a life estate in property held in another state for which the rights under the life estate are the same as in Missouri, use the Carlisle table (refer to the Appendix A of Dec 73 Requirements).
If the life estate is held on property located in another state and the rights of that life estate are different than those rights in Missouri, determine the accessibility of that life estate.
The value of the following non-liquid resources are entered on the Personal Property (FMW2) screen in FAMIS and are included in the resource determination, unless a usage code that excludes the resource (i.e. IP – income producing consistent with fair market value or 50% time) is entered:
- boat/motor (type BO);
- aircraft (type AC);
- business equipment or tools (type BE);
- grain, produce, or timber (GT);
- farm machinery (type FM); and
- livestock (type LV).
Client statement (CS) is acceptable verification, unless the resource or value is questionable or is near the maximum. Questionable information would be information provided by the EU that is inconsistent with other information available. If an applicant states on the application for benefits that they do not have a checking account and later produces a checkbook to list an expense, their statement is inconsistent with other information provided (the checkbook). To pend for verification of a resource, leave the verification field blank.
Record a comment regarding verification if other than client statement (CS) is used and any other information necessary to explain how the information affects eligibility.
Always review the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen prior to authorizing a case action to ensure resources you expect to be included are included in the determination. From the Action Authorization (FM3H) screen, press F15=RESOURCE to view the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen. If the resource is incorrect, select the resource and press F6=DETAILS to return to the appropriate screen and correct the inaccurate information.