A claim is closed by the system if the claim is paid in full.
Division of Legal Services (DLS) and Food Stamp Program and Policy Unit staff will close a claim for the following reasons.
- A court order or administrative ruling eliminates the claim.
- The claim is written off.
- The claim is compromised.
- The claim is transferred to another state.
- An order has been issued in a bankruptcy, which stops the agency from collecting the debt.
County staff cannot close a claim. Refer to policy regarding Terminating a Claim.
For instructions see CARS User Guide TERMINATING OR CLOSING A CLAIM.