Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATES TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) CLAIMS DETERMINATION SECTION OF THE SNAP MANUAL
MANUAL REVISION #
The above SNAP Manual sections were revised to reflect current procedures and updated terminology. However, the below manual sections had additional updates made:
- 1142.030.00 Establishing Claims: the duplicated information involving rejecting a discovery claim referral and registering a discovery claim referral were removed.
- 1142.035.10.05 Determining the Amount of the Claim for Simplified Reporting EUs: the May 1, 2010 to May 31, 2013 all households are subject to simplified reporting requirements sections were removed and the example was updated to clarify the first claim month when a household’s income exceeds 130% poverty.
- 1142.055.00 Collection Procedures: a note was added to explain collections when responsible members reside in multiple SNAP households.
- 1142.055.15.30 Expunged SNAP Benefits: expunged SNAP benefits will be considered when entering the SNAP overpayment in CARS without requiring SNAP Program and Policy approval.
- 1142.080.00 Overpaid Claims: Treasure Offset Program (TOP) was added as a form of payment in which a refund can be explored if the payment created a negative balance.
1142.035.10.10 Determining the Amount of the Claim for Change Reporting EUs section was made obsolete.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.