A QE is an organization that is determined by the State of Missouri to be capable of making presumptive eligibility (PE) determinations if they meet federal and state requirements. The state uses QEs, as defined in Sections 1920 and 1920A of the Social Security Act to determine eligibility presumptively.
The following entities may make PE determinations:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
- County Health Departments
- Qualified hospitals
- Community Mental Health Centers (CMHCs)
- Comprehensive Substance Treatment and Rehabilitation (CSTAR) facilities
Refer all requests to become a QE to MO HealthNet Program and Policy at COLE.MHNPOLICY@dss.mo.gov.