Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATES TO PRESUMPTIVE ELIGIBILITY (PE) FORMS AND POLICY
Several changes have been made to PE policy and forms which includes the addition of PE for the Adult Expansion Group (AEG-PE). Updates are outlined below:
- PE Manual section 1900.020.80 is a new section regarding eligibility for AEG-PE. Only qualified hospitals are allowed to make determinations for this group.
- The citizenship/qualified immigrant requirement for all PE programs has been removed. Qualified Entities (QE) are no longer required to screen for citizenship/immigrant status for PE applications.
- QEs do not need to ask applicants about tax-filing status. How to calculate household size has been simplified, which determines what income should be counted.
- Income calculations are now simplified to include earned income and unearned income. Deductions counted on federal taxes are no longer allowed.
- Self-employment income is still determined by monthly gross business income minus business expenses.
- PE forms previously listed have been updated to reflect the changes noted above. In addition, the TEMP/SMHB-PE Authorization form, which was previously designated PE-3TEMP is now titled PE-3PW.
- Additional minor changes have been made in the manual sections listed above such as:
- Updating how paper applications may be submitted;
- Removing processes for entry of PE coverage. A specialized unit enters all PE coverage;
- Adding the legal reference for AEG-PE.
QEs have been notified of these changes and PE training has been updated.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- QEs have been advised to destroy all previous versions of the forms and to use the versions dated 10/2021.