Receipt of Temporary Assistance (TA) will be exempt and shall not count towards a participant’s (payee or second parent’s) forty-five (45) month lifetime limit in the following situations:
- The participant is receiving as a child rather than as a parent or second parent
- When a participant has repaid a claim for a month in which the case was determined to be totally ineligible (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E0)
EXAMPLE: Mr. Green receives $234 TA benefits in October through December 2009. It has been determined that Mr. Green is not eligible for the TA benefit in the month of October, 2009 only. A claim was established and Mr. Green paid back the $234. The Time Limit Tracking (TIMETRAK/FM6H) must be updated to remove the month of October, 2009 by a supervisor/staff with appropriate security. Enter comments on the Time Limit Tracking (TIMETRAK/FM6H) screen explaining why the month was removed.
- The months prior to October 1998 when an adult was removed from the TA case due to a sanction with no reason code (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E1)
- The months between July 1997 and October 1998 when a participant was sanctioned for non-compliance with child support and was removed from the TA case (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E8)
- The months between July 1997 and October 1998 when a participant was sanctioned for non-compliance with work activities and was removed from the TA case (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E9)
NOTE: Effective November 1998, the parent or second parent sanction became a percentage reduction for non-cooperation with work activities or child support enforcement, and therefore began counting towards the adult’s TA lifetime limit.
- The months an individual participated in the Wage Supplementation Program (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E3)
- The second month of the two months receiving Temporary Assistance through the Families Together program (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E4)
NOTE: The Time Limit Tracking (TIMETRAK/FM6H) screen automatically records this Families Together month on the second month of receipt.
- Any month in which the adult lived in Indian country or in a Native Alaskan Village if at least one thousand (1,000) individuals were living on the reservation or in the village and at least fifty percent (50%) of the adults living on the reservation or in the village were not employed (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E5)
- The participant is exempt from work participation based on permanent disability as determined by Old Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or employer-sponsored disability insurance. This includes a pending application or receipt of these benefits, or the Medical Review Team (MRT) determines the individual disabled for twelve (12) months or more (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E6)
- The caretaker/payee is sixty (60) years of age or older (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code E7)
- The participant is a teen parent or teen second parent who is in school (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code EA)
- The participant is needed in the home to care for a disabled individual (TIMETRAK/FM6H Code EB)
- Individuals included in the Eligibility Unit (EU) but not receiving TA benefits such as (but not limited to):
- Individuals receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Non-needy non-parent caretakers (NPCR)
- Unrelated guardians
- Individual with a drug conviction
- Individual who is a fleeing felon
- Payee Only
- An adult who is an ineligible alien