The following are non-core unpaid educational activities. The Temporary Assistance (TA) recipient should be placed in one of these activities when he/she meets the criteria for the activity.
1. Job Skills Training Directly Related to Employment: This unpaid activity includes any training or education for specific job skills required by an employer to provide a TA recipient with the ability to obtain employment or to advance or adapt to the changing demands of the workplace. This is a non-core activity and only satisfies non-core work participation requirements. See 0275.060.00 Job Skills Training Directly Related to Employment (Non-core).
2. Education Directly Related to Employment: This unpaid activity is only used when:
- the TA recipient is seeking, or has already obtained, employment where a GED or high school diploma is required
- continued employment is conditional on receiving this diploma; and
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) is a component of the course of study (when necessary)
TA recipients who have already obtained an overseas diploma may fit into this category if the diploma is not recognized by the employer or potential employer. This is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. This is a non-core activity and only satisfies non-core requirements. See 0275.065.00 Education Directly Related to Employment (Non-core).