DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
PO BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
- TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- SUBJECT: MISSOURI WORK ASSISTANCE TRANSPORTATION REIMBURSEMENT EXPENSE (TRE) MANUAL REVISION #02 0280.005.00
The purpose of this memorandum is to notify FSD staff of the change in 0280.005.00 Transportation Reimbursement Expense (TRE) for the Missouri Work Assistance (MWA) Program. These changes took effect in 2016; an email memo was released, but policy was not updated at that time. Policy has now been updated. This change increased the amount of TRE allowable to MWA participants as costs have increased since the last policy update and the lack of transportation funding restricts the participant’s ability to obtain and retain employment.
- Transportation Reimbursement Expense (TRE) payments are issued to Temporary Assistance (TA) recipients to help with travel costs as they travel to employment and training activities.
- TRE payments increased from a maximum of $5 per day to a maximum of $15 per day.
- All previous requirements outlined in policy still apply.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.