DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
PO BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
- TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- SUBJECT: MID-CERTIFICATION REMINDER NOTICE
- MANUAL REVISION #17
1140.020.00 MID-CERTIFICATION REVIEWS
The Food Stamp Manual section 1140.020.00 has been updated, per Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) clarification. This memo is to introduce a reminder notice when the Mid-Certification Review-MCR (FA-546) form is not received and timeframes associated with the notice.
- The reminder notice will be generated using the Informational Notice (FA-601) and mailed to Eligibility Units (EU) that failed to return their MCR (FA-546) form by the last day of the month prior to the MCR month. The notice will be mailed to the EU on the first day of the MCR month and allows the EU an additional 10 days to return the MCR form before the Adverse Action (FA-150) notice is sent to close the case for failure to provide the MCR.
The system updates in FAMIS has been made for this process to be automated and will begin February 2018.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.