Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: FOOD STAMP DEPENDENT CARE EXPENSE CLARIFICATION
MANUAL REVISION #41
This memorandum is to clarify Food Stamp (FS) expense for a sliding scale fee when there is a dependent care case.
When a child is authorized to a provider on a Child Care (CC) case and has a sliding scale fee, the sliding scale fee should be included as an expense for the FS case.
- Include the sliding scale fee expense when the child is authorized to a dependent care provider.
- The sliding scale fee expense does not need to be reported by the Eligibility Unit (EU) before allowing the expense.
- Do not include a sliding scale fee expense if the EU does not incur a sliding scale.
- Include dependent care cost that the EU incurs or is billed by the provider.
NOTE: Review and include mileage or transportation expense for travel to and from the dependent care provider.
Dependent Care is verified by Client’s Statement (CS) unless it is otherwise questionable or inconsistent information is being reported.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Review policy updates for further clarification and examples.