Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: MO HEALTHNET OUTREACH PROJECT WITH DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION AND FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
FORM REVISION #20
Senate Bill 583 (2010) requires the Department of Social Services (DSS) to collaborate with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) in an effort to reach the uninsured children of Missouri.
Each year, to comply with Senate Bill 583, FSD provides DESE and licensed childcare providers with a flyer that informs parents how to apply:
- On line at https://mydss.mo.gov/. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “School” to let us know to watch for your application.)
- By telephone at 1-855-373-9994. When speaking with a representative please tell them this is a “School Application”.
- Request an application from 1-855-FSD-INFO (1-855-373-4636). Please write “SCHOOL” at the top of the application.
- Print an application online at http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/formsmanual/pdf/im-1ssl.pdf. Please write “SCHOOL” at the top of the application.
The attached fliers, one in English and one in Spanish, are updated with the current income guidelines. These fliers will be distributed by DESE.
FSD is required to track these applications for reporting. Each MAGI office and Contact Center (application phone center) is asked to document the receipt of these applications on the attached spreadsheet. Management should enter all information onto one spreadsheet and submit monthly to Cole.MHNPolicy@dss.mo.gov.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Appropriate offices should begin tracking immediately and submitting documentation on the first week of each month.
- Spreadsheet for “School” application documentation
- Outreach flyer in English
- Outreach flyer in Spanish