FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATE TO ANNUAL REVIEW/REINVESTIGATION POLICY IN THE NON-MAGI MANUALS
MANUAL REVISION #
Annual renewal policy in the Non-Modified Adjusted Gross Income (Non-MAGI) Manual is revised to update terminology from review/reinvestigation to annual renewal, add ex parte renewal language, add the requirement for annual renewal forms to be signed, and for easier readability and understanding.
An ex parte renewal (not requiring information from the individual) must be attempted before a renewal form is sent. Ex parte renewals are completed using reliable information available to the agency without requiring information from the participant. If staff are able to verify all necessary eligibility factors by accessing available electronic data sources, do not send a renewal form.
The following Non-MAGI Manual sections are revised:
Supplemental Aid to the Blind (SAB) Manual
Blind Pension Manual
Supplemental Nursing Care (SNC) Manual
Supplemental Payments Manual
MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) Manual
- 0820.040.05 Annual Renewal for HCB was added for consistency
- 0825.040.05 Annual Renewal for MOCDD cases
- 0840.000.00 Annual Renewals and Change in Circumstance
- 0840.005.00 Annual Renewal
- 0840.005.00.05 Application for Other Benefits at Annual Renewal
- 0850.015.00 Annual Renewal for Section 1619 Status cases
- 0855.015.00 Annual Renewal for TWHA cases
- 0865.025.00 Annual Renewal for QMB cases
- 0870.025.00 Annual Renewal for SLMB cases
December 1973 Eligibility Requirements Manual
Breast or Cervical Cancer Treatment (BCCT) Manual
- 1320.000.00 Annual Renewals and Change in Circumstance
- 1320.020.00 Annual Renewal was added for consistency
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Refer to FAMIS Resources for information on processing an annual renewal.