Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: DECEMBER 1973 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS MANUAL REVISIONS FOR MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND, AND DISABLED (MHABD) PROGRAMS
This memorandum introduces revisions to the December 1973 Eligibility Requirements Manual.
The Cash and Securities section 1025.010.00 Definition has been revised to provide additional policy related to determining eligibility for MO HealthNet Programs for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) when the participant and/or their spouse is a party to a Promise to Pay contract, Promissory Note, or Property Agreement.
- Changes have been made to 000.00 Transfers of Property sections:
- Section 1040.015.10.05 is now titled Consideration of Certain Contracts. This section lists definitions and steps to follow when reviewing MO HealthNet cases for applicants/participants who are a party to certain contracts such as Promise to Pay, Promissory Notes, or Property Agreements.
- 1040.015.10.05 has been moved to 1040.015.10.05.00 and revised to provide further clarification.
- Section 1040.015.10.05.05 Promissory Notes has been added, and includes a link to the new Promissory Notes Guide.
- Section 1040.015.10.05.10 Property Agreements has been added.
- Section has been revised to provide additional guidance on how to determine fair and valuable consideration.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.