MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
P.O. BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATE TO INCOME INCLUDED AND EXCLUDED UNDER MAGI
MANUAL REVISION #70
The purpose of this memorandum is to advise that the MAGI MO HealthNet Policy Manual sections 1805.030.20.05 Income Included Under MAGI and 1805.030.20.10 Income Excluded Under MAGI have been updated.
- Changes in whether to include or exclude alimony from divorces and separation:
- Finalized before January 1st, 2019: included
- Finalized after January 1st, 2019: excluded
- An increase in the tax filer threshold for earned income from a child to: $12,000 based on the 2018 IRS Publication 501
- Updating the term “commuter expenses” to “per diem reimbursements for travel expenses”
- Updated instructions on verifying excluded income to accept client statement unless there is inconsistent information
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.