Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: REGINALD E. McELHANNON, INTERIM DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: MO HEALTHNET OUTREACH PROJECT WITH LICENSED CHILDCARE PROVIDERS AND FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
Senate Bill 583 (2010) requires the Department of Social Services (DSS) to collaborate with licensed childcare providers in an effort to reach the uninsured children of Missouri.
Each year, to comply with Senate Bill 583, FSD provides licensed childcare providers with a flyer that informs parents how to apply:
- On line at https://mydss.mo.gov/. Please send an email to email@example.com with subject line “Facility Outreach” to let us know to watch for your application.
- By telephone at 1-855-373-9994. When speaking with a representative please tell them this is a “Facility Outreach” application.
- Request an application from 1-855-FSD-INFO (1-855-373-4636). Please write “Facility Outreach” at the top of the application.
- Print an application online at http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/formsmanual/pdf/im-1ssl.pdf. Please write “Facility Outreach” at the top of the application.
The attached fliers are updated with the current income guidelines.
FSD is required to track these applications for reporting. Each MAGI office and Contact Center (application phone center) is asked to document the receipt of these applications on the attached spreadsheet. Management should enter all information onto one spreadsheet and submit monthly to Cole.MHNPolicy@dss.mo.gov.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Appropriate offices should begin tracking immediately and submitting documentation on the first week of each month.