Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: REGINALD E. McELHANNON, INTERIM DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND, AND DISABLED (MHABD) REVISIONS SPEND DOWN POLICY MANUAL REVISIONS
MANUAL REVISION #106
The purpose of this memorandum is to inform staff that the title of manual section 0810.010.15.05 has been changed to Allowable Medical Expenses for Spend Down. Revisions have been made to that section as well as 0810.010.15.01 Documentation of Incurred Medical Expenses.
Content of these sections has been revised to:
- Add legal references;
- Expand the definition of acceptable documentation for spend down;
- Add definition to date of service for spend down submissions;
- Incorporate additional allowable expenses for spend down and elaborate on existing allowable expenses.
Other revisions include additional examples and clarification of existing policy.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Refer to this policy as needed.