Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: INCREASE IN RESOURCE LIMITS FOR QUALIFIED MEDICARE BENEFICIARY (QMB), SPECIFIED LOW INCOME MEDICARE BENEFICIARY (SLMB), AND QUALIFYING INDIVIDUALS (QI-1 OR SLMB2) PROGRAMS
MANUAL REVISION #02
Effective January 1, 2020, the QMB, SLMB, and SLMB2 resource limits increased. For a single individual, the resource limit increased from $7,730 to $7,860. For a married couple, the resource limit increased from $11,600 to $11,800. Resource maximums have been updated in the Family Assistance Management Information System (FAMIS). There is no change in policy regarding how to determine available resources.
The following have been updated:
- Eligibility Requirements 0865.010.00
- Resources (QMB) 0865.010.15
- Appendix J.
- Appendix K The MO HealthNet Program Description Aged, Blind, and Disabled Chart
- Appendix L MO HealthNet Aged, Blind and Disabled Income Chart
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.