Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: COVID-19 EMERGENCY MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND, AND DISABLED VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT CHANGES
This memorandum will introduce temporary changes to the MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) verification requirements due to the COVID-19 emergency.
For the duration of the emergency, MHABD programs will accept self-attestation for all verification requirements, except:
- positive COVID-19 diagnosis,
- trusts and/or annuities.
NOTE: Trusts and annuities must be submitted per normal procedures to Program and Policy for review. Please note in the title of the Request for Interpretation of Policy (IM-14) if the review is for household that includes a COVID-19 positive participant.
SNAP is not making the same change to verification requirements at this time.
FAMIS is an integrated system, meaning that changes made for one program will have an impact on the other programs.
- FAMIS will continue to mail Request for Verification (FA-325) notices to participants, as they are still needed for other programs.
- System changes are in place that will prevent the closing of MHABD cases for any reason, including but not limited to failure to provide verification, or excess resources.
Staff will enter the collateral contact (CC) verification code to indicate they are accepting self-attestation on MHABD cases. Using CC may cause SNAP or other programs to complete, this is acceptable.
- Enter a comment on the Eligibility Unit Member Role (EUMEMROL/FM3Z) screen with label “COVID-19” on every case approved for coverage or continued due to positive diagnosis.
- Enter a comment on the each income or resource that is verified with self-attestation with label “COVID-19” and copy the following as the comment body: “Self-attestation accepted as verification due to special circumstances. 42 CFR 435.952(c)(3).”
When/if further verification is received staff should enter that information and complete and eligibility determination (EDRES).
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Do not require verification for MHABD cases, except for trusts and annuities.