Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: INTRODUCTION OF STATE AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DISASTER RELIEF PAYMENTS POLICY FOR MO HEALTHNET FOR THE AGED, BLIND AND DISABLED (MHABD)
The purpose of this memorandum is to introduce a policy addition to the December 1973 Eligibility Requirements manual, 1025.015.01.01 State or Federal Government Disaster Relief Payments.
These sections address whether to include or exclude disaster relief payments as income and/or resource.
Payment sources can be from:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA)
- National Flood Insurance Act of 1968 (NFIP)
- Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (P.L. 100-707), or
- Any income received from an insurance company or agency due to a State or Federal government emergency disaster.
Refer to these sections when State, Federal Government disaster relief payments are in question or affect eligibility for MHABD.
This policy is not to be referenced for the Economic Impact Payments (Stimulus Payments from COVID-19 Federal Emergency). A memo referencing the Economic Impact Payments will be posted soon.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.