Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: 2020 MO HEALTHNET OUTREACH PROJECT WITH DEPARTMENT OF ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY EDUCATION, LICENSED CHILDCARE PROVIDERS, AND FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
Senate Bill 583 (2010) requires the Department of Social Services (DSS) to collaborate with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and licensed childcare providers in an effort to reach the uninsured children of Missouri.
Each year, to comply with Senate Bill 583, FSD provides DESE and licensed childcare providers with a flyer that informs parents how to apply:
- Online at https://mydss.mo.gov/. Please send an email to MHNPolicy@dss.mo.gov with subject line “SCHOOL” or “Facility Outreach” to let us know to watch for your application.
- By telephone at 1-855-373-9994. When speaking with a representative please tell them this is a “School Application” or “Facility Outreach Application”.
- Request an application from 1-855-FSD-INFO (1-855-373-4636). Please write “SCHOOL” or “Facility Outreach” at the top of the application.
- Print an application online at http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/formsmanual/pdf/im-1ssl.pdf. Please write “SCHOOL” or “Facility Outreach” at the top of the application.
The attached fliers will be distributed to schools and childcare facilities:
- Two for DESE – one in English and one in Spanish
- One for Childcare Facilities in English
FSD is required to track these applications for reporting. Each MAGI office, Resource Center and Customer Service Center is asked to document the receipt of these applications on the attached spreadsheets. School and Facility Outreach spreadsheets should be kept separate. Management should enter all information onto appropriate spreadsheet and submit monthly to Cole.MHNPolicy@dss.mo.gov.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Offices should begin tracking immediately and submitting documentation on the first week of each month.
- Spreadsheet for “School” application documentation
- School Outreach flyer in English
- School Outreach flyer in Spanish
- Spreadsheet for “Facility Outreach” application documentation
- Facility Outreach flyer