Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) CLAIM COMPROMISE UPDATE
MANUAL REVISION #
1142.085.00 – obsolete
The purpose of this memorandum is to introduce updates to Food Stamp Policy Manual section 1142.055.05 Compromising Claims. Policy section, 1142.085.00 Deferred Adjudication is now obsolete.
Updates to section 1142.055.05 Compromising Claims include:
- An update to demonstration of need when determining when to compromise a claim.
- An active SNAP case now demonstrates need to compromise a claim.
- The program name was changed from Food Stamps (FS) to SNAP.
- Language is provided to clarify that if a court order reduces the amount of a claim, a separate claim must be established for the compromised amount.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.