Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) CLAIM COMPROMISE UPDATE
MANUAL REVISION #
1142.085.00 – obsolete
Updates to section 1142.055.05 Compromising Claims include:
- An update to demonstration of need when determining when to compromise a claim.
- An active SNAP case now demonstrates need to compromise a claim.
- The program name was changed from Food Stamps (FS) to SNAP.
- Language is provided to clarify that if a court order reduces the amount of a claim, a separate claim must be established for the compromised amount.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.