Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: INTRODUCING NEW CONSOLIDATED WORK REQUIREMENTS NOTICE FOR SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP)
FORM REVISION #
The SNAP Work Requirements Informational Notice (FA-601) is a new consolidated notice that will generate in the eligibility system starting October 1, 2021. The notice will show the general work requirements with possible exemptions, the Able Bodied Adults without Dependents (ABAWD) Work Requirement with possible exemptions, and ABAWD Time Limits.
The new FA-601 will go out in the following circumstances:
- when a SNAP application or recertification is approved and a household member is actively receiving SNAP benefits in the household and has a status of mandatory (MAN) on the EMPLOY (FMMS) screen;
- when a change is authorized, such as adding a person to the household who is begins receiving SNAP benefits in the household and has a status of mandatory (MAN) on the EMPLOY (FMMS) screen;
- when a participant who had been exempt from either the general work requirements or ABAWD has a change in circumstance which causes them to become mandatory (MAN) for one of the work requirements; and
- with Mid-Certification Reviews that include a household member who is mandatory (MAN) on the EMPLOY (FMMS) screen and actively receiving SNAP benefits in the household
If the participant is coded as exempt on the EMPLOY (FMMS) screen when the application is approved or when a change is authorized, the new FA-601 will not generate.
The Work Registration Notice (also an FA-601) will continue to be generated at application, recertification, or when changes are authorized to indicate which household member the notice applies to. All other action notices will continue as applicable.
NOTE: Continue to explain and answer questions regarding the details of the general work requirement and the ABAWD work requirement to participants and include a comment in the eligibility system.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.