Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: THE APPLICATION FOR MO HEALTHNET (MEDICAID) (IM-1MA) IS NO LONGER ACCEPTED AFTER 12/31/2021
IM-63 dated June 28, 2021 announced that the IM-1MA should no longer be used to apply for MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) and is obsolete. The following note from IM-63 is retracted and is not to be followed:
NOTE: If an IM-1MA is received after 12/31/2021, FSD staff must send an IM-1SSL and IM-1ABDS to the participant. If the IM-1SSL is returned within 30 days, the date of application is the date the IM-1MA was first received.
Family Support Division (FSD) honored the IM-1MA through 12/31/2021 as a valid application. After 12/31/2021, do NOT register an IM-1MA as a valid application— instead:
- Send the applicant a Request for Information (IM-31A), an Application for Health Coverage & Help Paying Costs (IM-1SSL), and an Aged, Blind, and Disabled Supplement (IM-1ABDS).
- The IM-31A should explain that the application received is not valid and that the applicant can apply using the enclosed application, apply online, or apply by phone.
When the IM-1SSL is returned:
- Verify that it is signed.
- Register the application and follow established processing procedures to explore all MO HealthNet programs.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.