Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATES TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) KNOW YOUR RIGHTS FLYER
The SNAP Know Your Rights flyer (IM-4 Know Your Rights) has been updated to introduce a Spanish version and add the following rights:
• Not be discriminated against because of age, sex, race, color, disability, religious creed, national origin or political beliefs
• Be told in advance if the SNAP office is going to reduce or end your benefits during your certification period because of a change in your situation that you did not report in writing
• Look at your own case file and copy of SNAP rules
The update also enhanced the overall appearance, replaced “Food Stamps” with “SNAP”, replaced the Family Support Division (FSD) logo with the Missouri Department of Social Services (DSS) logo, and linked sections for Food Assistance and Know Your Rights.
• Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
• Destroy older (7/16) versions of this flyer.
• Display new version in FSD offices and resource centers as required.