Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: APPLICATION FOR SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) (FS-1) FORM UPDATE
The FS-1 has been updated, and the new revision date will be June 2022.
Changes that have been updated include:
- The Family Support Division logo has been replaced with the Department of Social Services logo.
- Instructions for returning the application have been updated to include upload instructions, and a fax number.
- The link to the Authorized Representative (IM-6AR) has been updated.
- Section 6 of the FS-1: penalties pursuant to section 570.030 RSMO due to a change in statute. The penalties and classifications of crimes related to stealing public assistance were amended effective August 28, 2021.
- Section 4, Question 9 of the FS-1: Adds an additional declaration question due to the 2014 Farm bill.
- Section 4008 of the 2014 Farm Bill prohibits anyone convicted of federal aggravated sexual abuse, murder, sexual exploitation and abuse of children, sexual assault, or similar state laws, and who are also not in compliance with the terms of their sentence or parole, or are a fleeing felon, from receiving SNAP benefits.
- Military Status questions were added due to the passage of Senate Bill 120 from 2021, which enacted RSMo 42.051.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Destroy all previous versions and begin using the new form immediately.