Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: DISQUALIFICATION PENALTIES UPDATE IN THE SUPPLMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP) MANUAL AND UPDATES TO ADMINISTRATIVE DISQUALIFICATION HEARING FORMS IM-160, IM-161, AND IM-161A AND INSTRUCTIONS
MANUAL REVISION #
FORM REVISION #
1145.010.10 WIU Recommends Administrative Disqualification SNAP policy was updated to reflect the current Administrative Disqualification Hearing (ADH) procedure. It also aligns with SNAP policy 1145.010.20.20 IM-161 Waiver Offered – Accepted, which allows five (5) business days for the individual to withdraw the waiver by signing the IM-161A Withdrawal of Waiver of Administrative Disqualification Hearing Consent Agreement, and an additional five (5) business days for mailing time for the IM-161A.
1145.010.25 Administrative Disqualification Hearing Procedure policy was updated to reflect the current ADH procedures.
1145.015.00 Disqualification Penalties was updated to:
- remove “after August 22, 1996” from the second violation and
- clarify the first violation after August 22, 1996 is 12 months, the second violation is 24 months and the third violation is permanent.
The Waiver of Administrative Disqualification Hearing Consent Agreement (IM-161) and The Withdrawal of Waiver of Administrative Hearing Disqualification Consent Agreement (IM-161A) form names were changed to match with the Advance Notice of Your Administrative Disqualification Hearing (IM-160) form name. Instructions for all three forms were updated as well.
The IM-160 and IM-161 were updated to clarify:
- The second and third intentional program violation penalties language by removing “after 8/22/96” as well as a grammatical change;
- The IM-161’s acronym for Intentional Program Violation was corrected.
The statements now read:
- for 24 MONTHS because it is your second violation.
- PERMANENTLY because it is your third violation.
- (IM-161 only) The claim is a result of an over issuance due to an alleged Intentional Program Violation (IPV) that occurred in the month(s) of _________.
Food Stamp Program Overview was made obsolete.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Destroy all IM-160, IM-161, IM-161A form and instruction versions 10/2021 and older.