RSMo 208.215 makes the assignment of medical support mandatory of the following Title XIX MAGI MO HealthNet programs, when:
- MAGI MO HealthNet for Families (MHF) – at application
- MAGI MO HealthNet for Kids (MHK) – at application
- MO HealthNet for Pregnant Women – once the child is born
- Show Me Healthy Babies (SMHB) – once the child is born
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), non-premium CHIP groups such as 71 or 72 – at application
- CHIP 4M – although this program is CHIP, because its income guidelines overlap with non-CHIP, a referral is necessary
This statute does not make the assignment of medical support mandatory for children eligible under the CHIP premium groups such as CHIP 73, 74 or 75, MPW, or SMHB. For MPW and SMHB cases, once the child is born cooperation in pursuit of medical support is required.
The parent or caretaker must cooperate with the Family Support Division-Child Support (FSD-CS) in the pursuit of medical support, unless there is good cause for refusing to cooperate. Provide the parent/caretaker with the Referral/Information for Child Support Services (CS-201). The parent/caretaker must complete and return the CS-201 or call the Eligibility Specialist to provide the non-custodial parent’s information.
NOTE: The Notice of Requirement to Cooperate and Right to Claim Good Cause for Refusal to Cooperate in Child Support Enforcement (IM-2E Part 1) is no longer needed as the Rights and Responsibilities page of the IM-1SSL covers the information.
If the parent/caretaker claims good cause, provide the Second Notice of Right to Claim Good Cause for Refusal to Cooperate in Child Support Enforcement (IM-2E Part 2).
NOTE: If good cause is claimed and acceptable the parent/caretaker does not have to cooperate in seeking medical support.
When a child is added to an active MO HealthNet case, submit a CS-201 to FSD-CS even if the child has the same non-custodial parent as another child who is already active on the case. Use the CS-201 to inform FSD-CS of the addition of the child and any new information on the non-custodial parent.