The FSD can verify work and/or training for the below:
Work is defined as:
- Unsubsidized Employment
- Is work with earnings provided by an employer who does not receive a subsidy for the creation and maintenance of the employment position.
- Self-employment activities include individuals who have earned income.
- Unpaid (volunteer or in-kind)
- A person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
- In Kind Work
- Is receiving goods or services instead of money.
Training is defined as:
- Vocational Training
- Improves the employability of participants by providing training in a skill or trade allowing the participant to move directly into employment.
- An educational program or activities to improve basic skills and increase employability.
NOTE: The SkillUP contractor will have additional services available to ABAWDs for fulfilling training/work requirements.
The hours worked must be included in the verification. If the ABAWD is self-employed, the verification of self-employment must include the number of hours worked.