DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
PO BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
- TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- SUBJECT: ABLE BODIED ADULTS WITHOUT DEPENDENTS POLICY CLARIFICATION FOR THE FOOD STAMP PROGRAM
- MANUAL REVISION #40
The purpose of this memo is to introduce policy clarifications that have been added to Able Bodied Adults without Dependents (ABAWD). The updates include:
- Volunteer/In Kind work has been defined,
- Updates to the list of exemptions,
- An explanation to distinguish the difference between an ABAWD disability and the permanently and totally disabled test, and
- Good Cause clarification.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.