DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION
PO BOX 2320
JEFFERSON CITY, MISSOURI
- TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT DIVISION OFFICES
- FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
- SUBJECT: ABLE BODIED ADULTS WITHOUT DEPENDENTS POLICY CLARIFICATION FOR THE FOOD STAMP PROGRAM
The purpose of this memo is to introduce policy clarifications that have been added to Able Bodied Adults without Dependents (ABAWD). The updates include:
- Volunteer/In Kind work has been defined,
- Updates to the list of exemptions,
- An explanation to distinguish the difference between an ABAWD disability and the permanently and totally disabled test, and
- Good Cause clarification.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.