Excluded funds retain exclusion indefinitely if maintained in a separate account. Excluded funds commingled in an account with non-excluded funds retain exemption for six months from the date of commingling. After the six-month time limit, consider all funds in the commingled account as a resource.
NOTE: Resources of students and self-employed households that are prorated as income and are commingled in an account with non-excluded funds retain exclusion for the period of time over which they have been prorated as income.
Refer to specific policy regarding when to exclude each of the following types of resources:
- home (1110.020.05 Home)
- vehicles (1110.020.10 Vehicles)
- burial plots (1110.020.15 Burial Plots)
- life insurance (1110.020.16 Life Insurance)
- prepaid burials (1110.020.17 Prepaid Burials)
- real and personal property (1110.020.20 Real and Personal Property)
- business property (1110.020.25 Business Property)
- governmental payments (1110.020.30 Governmental Payments)
- Indian and Alaskan Native payments (1110.020.35 Indian and Alaskan Native Payments)
- savings & pension plans (1110.020.40 Pension and Savings Plans)
- contracts and notes (1110.020.42 Contracts and Notes)
- trusts and inaccessible resources (1110.020.45 Trusts and Inaccessible Resources)
- averaged income (1110.020.50 Averaged Income as an Excluded Resource)
Always review the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen prior to authorizing a case action to ensure resources you expect to be excluded are excluded in the determination. From the Action Authorization (FM3H) screen, press F15=RESOURCE to view the Financial Resource Detail Summary (FMWG) screen. If the resource is incorrect, select the resource and press F6=DETAILS to return to the appropriate screen and correct the inaccurate information.