IM-165 November 27, 2019; IM-21 March 14, 2012; IM-70 December 9, 2011; IM-50 June 4, 2007; IM-27 March 19, 2004; IM-219 December 17, 2001
The following steps must be completed while processing an expedite eligible application.
- Identity must be verified prior to issuing expedited benefits.
- Verify the applicant’s identity through readily available documentary evidence or a collateral contact, such as a neighbor or landlord, whichever is the most prompt, before issuing expedited benefits.
- An interview must be completed prior to issuing expedite benefits.
- If an applicant or other EU members indicate they have received benefits out of state, immediately contact the other state to verify when the EU members last received or will receive benefits from the other state. To obtain the phone number for the other state if the applicant cannot provide it, follow these steps:
From the Family Support Division (FSD) Intranet page;
- select Resources,
- select National Directory of Contacts,
- find the appropriate state.
- Obtain documentary evidence of all other eligibility factors possible during the interview. Do not delay the authorization of expedited benefits by even one day to obtain verification of factors other than identity.
- Authorize the APEX (approval for expedited) action and issue the expedited benefits.
- If the application date is different from the date of the APEX action, the message “Expedited Issuance-Check Discovery Date” appears on the Action Authorization (FM3H) screen to alert eligibility specialists to check the discovery date.
Prior to authorizing the benefit:
- Review the discovery date to enter the correct discovery date.
- Record a comment if the discovery date is different from the application date on the Action Authorization (FM3H) screen. Refer to the Timely Delivery of Expedited Food Stamp Benefits for assistance.
- Enter the correct date of discovery and then authorize the action. FAMIS displays the message “Invalid Discovery Date” on the Action Authorization (FM3H) screen when no entry is made in the Date of Discovery field.