When it is reported that the number of hours worked by an ABAWD household member has fallen below an average of 20 hours per week, determine if they have become exempt or if the change in hours is temporary. If they are not exempt and the change is not temporary:
- Explore voluntary job quit or work effort reduction, as appropriate.
- If there has been a work effort reduction or voluntary quit without good cause, take action to sanction the individual.
- The sanction must be entered even if the case would close for non-work months.
- If the ABAWD household member has not used all non-work months determine the impact of the reduction in the number of hours worked.
- Obtain verification if needed and authorize the action.
- If the ABAWD household member has used all non-work months, take action to remove the individual from the household or close the case.
See 1105.035.00 Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWD) Work Requirement policy section for more information.