MO HealthNet utilizes a single streamlined application that participants can access online, by phone, in person or by completing a paper application, using the Application for Health Coverage & Help Paying Costs (IM-1SSL).
Application processes are to be consistently applied for all Family MO HealthNet (MAGI) programs and MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) programs.
The MAGI policy manual provides guidance regarding application processing:
- For information regarding requests for assistance or how to access an application, see 1802.010.00 Requests for Benefits. For details regarding ways to apply, refer to sections 1802.010.10 – 1802.010.70.
- There are some applications that require special procedures. Special procedure policies are located in section 1802.010.80 Specialized Application Procedures. Additional details for each special procedure are located in the applicable sections in 1802.010.80.05 – 1802.010.80.15.
- Who can sign an application is explained in 1802.020.00 Signing the Application. Additional details are in sections 1802.020.05 – 1802.020.45.
- How the application date is determined is located in 1802.040.00 Dating the Application.
MHABD applications do have some specific policies that apply only to MHABD programs and can be found in the MHABD policy manual:
- For information about timeframes and application processing for MHABD programs, refer to 0804.005.00 MHABD Application Timeframes.
- Participants can choose to stop their application at any point, refer to 0804.010.00 Voluntary Withdrawal.
- 0804.015.00 Rejection before the End of the Timeframe explains when an application may be rejected prior to the end of the application timeframe.
- When an application is rejected before the end of the application timeframe, but the participant then provides the needed information, the application can continue to be processed. However, the application may need to be handled differently depending on the type of MHABD program that was being requested, see 0804.020.00 Canceling a Rejection for details.
- For MHN applications that are requesting MHABD cash benefits such as Supplemental Nursing Care (SNC), Supplemental Aid to the Blind (SAB), and Blind Pension (BP), see 0804.025.00 MO HealthNet (MHN) Application Concurrent with MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (MHABD) Cash Programs