Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: CLARIFICATION ON WHO MAY APPOINT AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE FOR MAGI APPLICATIONS
MANUAL REVISION #23
The purpose of this memorandum is to clarify the 1802.020.30 Signing by an Authorized Representative section of the Family Healthcare Manual – MAGI.
The Signing by an Authorized Representative section of the MAGI manual has been updated to clarify who may appoint an authorized representative:
- An applicant age 19 or older
- An applicant younger than 19 meeting the criteria to apply on their own behalf, which includes the following conditions:
- The minor is pregnant;
- The minor has been lawfully married;
- The minor is a parent;
- The minor is homeless, as defined by section 167.020.1, RSMo 2015, or a victim of domestic violence, as defined by section 455.010.5, RSMo 2015, and meets all the criteria in section 431.056.1, RSMo 2014; or
- The minor is legally emancipated.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Immediately allow minors who meet the criteria to apply on their own behalf appoint an authorized representative if requested.