Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: PATRICK LUEBBERING, ACTING DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE APPLICATION PROCESSING MANUAL SECTION UPDATES
MANUAL REVISION #: 50
The purpose of this memo is to inform staff of changes to the Application Processing section of the General Information Income Maintenance manual.
The Temporary Assistance (TA) and MO HealthNet Application Processing manual sections are now separated. The TA Application Processing section is now part of the TA Manual, 0203.000.00 and is no longer accessible via the General Information Manual 0105.000.00
The updated sections outline the following for Temporary Assistance (TA) applications:
- Requests for assistance
- Signing the application (includes entries to be made in FAMIS on the AUTHREP screen)
- Dating the application
- Temporary Assistance program explanation and orientation
- Interview process
- Voluntary withdrawal of application
- Notification of application decision
- Change of payee for Temporary Assistance required new application
- Death after application
- MO HealthNet application concurrent with cash programs
- Delays in processing Temporary Assistance applications
In 0203.020.00 Signing the Application section of the manual, policy and processes have been added for Legal Guardians, Conservators, Authorized Representatives, and Attorneys assisting applicants with the processing of their Temporary Assistance (TA) cases.
- Share this memorandum with all necessary staff.