Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: COVID-19 UPDATE TO MEMO #30 POSTED 04/04/2020 – TEMPORARY UPDATES TO THE TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE (TA) PROGRAM (EXTENDING THROUGH JUNE 2020)
On April 04, 2020 IM Memo #30 was posted. This memo included temporary updates to the Temporary Assistance Program due to the Proclamation on Declaring a National Health Emergency Concerning the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak which was issued on March 13, 2020 in response to COVID-19. These updates have been extended through the month of June 2020.
45 Month Lifetime Limit Extension
Note: Please review the instructions for FSD Staff as these have been updated.
FSD is extending TA benefits for up to Forty Nine (49) months through Hardship Extensions. Any participant that is due to close for meeting the Forty Five (45) month Lifetime Limit and do not qualify for any exemptions during the months of March, April, May and June 2020 will receive the Hardship Extension.
Hardship Extensions were completed through system updates for all active participants that reached their 45-month lifetime limit in the months of March, April, and May 2020. The COMPACT screen was updated to show these participants as J-“Hardship extension referred to MWA” in the “Work Req Ind” field and 25-“Family Crisis” in the “Extension Rsn” field. These have a re-evaluation date of 05/15/20 and will be updated to 06/12/20. The Work Requirement History (WKREQHIS) screen will show User ID COVID19 for cases that were updated automatically.
FSD staff processing TA applications received March 1 – Jun 30, 2020 will follow these procedures in referring these to Group E when a client may be eligible for this hardship extension:
- FSD staff will enter codes J-“Hardship extension referred to MWA” and code 26 in the “Work Reg Ind” field to refer this to Group E to be processed as normal. Enter a re-evaluation date of 3 days following the date the case is taken through CONFLOWS. (Refer to the CRG under Lifetime Limit for current process).
- When completing the IM-2EH for this hardship extension you will mark Family Crisis and enter in the explanation: COVID19, client has reached their 45-month lifetime limit.
- All requests for an extension will continue by emailing the TA/CC processing center at GROUP E, FSD. Only those who are currently responsible for determining extension eligibility will enter the information on the COMPACT screen regarding the COVID 19 extension and will enter a comment about the action using COVID19 in the title for the comment.
- For FSD staff information purposes – the codes being entered on the COMPACT screen by Group E for approving these Hardship Extensions are:
- J-“Hardship extension referred to MWA” in the “Work Req Ind” field
- Code 25-“Family Crisis” in the “extension rsn” field and
- 06/12/2020 as the “re-evaluation Date
- Comment – will contain COVID19 in the title to alert you that the case was approved for this extension.
Drug Testing and Drug Treatment Referrals
FSD will continue to suspend all mandatory drug testing and treatment referrals through June 30, 2020. (Refer to Memo #30 04/04/20 for additional information)
MWA Work Requirements
FSD will continue to suspend MWA work requirements for TA participants and waive the completion of the TA Orientation and Personal Responsibility Plan (PRP) through June 15, 2020. Any actions to reduce benefits or close for WR5 or WRF sanctions have been put on hold during the suspension. FSD referrals will continue to be sent and MWA contractors will still attempt to engage the participants. (Refer to Memo #30 04/04/20 for additional information)
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.
- Follow above instructions starting immediately.