Department of Social Services
Family Support Division
PO Box 2320
Jefferson City, Missouri
TO: ALL FAMILY SUPPORT OFFICES
FROM: KIM EVANS, DIRECTOR
SUBJECT: UPDATED PROTECTED CASELOAD PROCESS
Protected Caseloads are established in the Family Assistance Management Information System (FAMIS) and Missouri Eligibility Determination and Enrollment System (MEDES) to protect Family Support Division (FSD) employees from inadvertently accessing or taking action on protected cases.
Protected loads serve participants who meet any of the following criteria:
- A victim of domestic violence or human trafficking;
- A participant in the Safe at Home program;
- An employee of the Family Support Division (FSD) or a family member (spouse, parent or child) residing with an FSD employee;
- A case on which the FSD employee is an Authorized Representative; or
- A temporary employee currently assigned to FSD.
- Review this memorandum with appropriate staff.